Sunday, September 2, 2012

I've Got a Feeling...

Actually, I've got lots of feelings.  This past week I have experienced more feelings that I thought possible in one week.  I have experienced frustration, like I did when it took 3 hours to get back to the hotel because of a fiasco with the buses.  I have experienced pride, pretty much every day, for this country and the principles this country represents.  I have felt overwhelming sadness for those on the other side of us who are full of anger and confusion.  But on Thursday night I felt something that is rare.  I experienced complete exhilaration.  This is a very strong emotion, but when I heard Mitt Romney utter the words, I accept your nomination for President of the United States - I was over the top!!  The atmosphere is not something that I can explain in words and what you saw on TV doesn't do it justice.  Even Robbie said being up in the guest section wasn't as great as what I experienced on the floor.  I have said this before in this blog, but it bears repeating - this was the realization of a lifelong dream for me.  Standing there beside some dear friends, and fellow laborers for this cause, I was spellbound by the emotions that welled up inside me.

 I think the strong emotions started with the singing of the National Anthem and intensified throughout the evening.  However, the point where I was brought to tears (just short of the ugly cry) was when our next President was speaking about his wife.  He resonated with me in ways I didn't think possible in this setting.  I didn't expect to get so emotional.  However, his comments about Ann were exactly what my sweet husband tells me every day.  It was amazing to hear that our next President believes the most important job in the world is that of the Mother.  It encouraged me that I am doing exactly what God has called me to do by staying at home and raising my three children.  This can be so hard sometimes and Mitt Romney understands that.  When he described the phone calls home to Ann when he was traveling I laughed and cried, because I have experienced the exact things he mentioned.  

It was at this point that I knew we had selected a man that would stand for women.  He doesn't want to wage a War on Women, he wants to STOP the War on Women.  He wants to help women be able to spend more time with their families by lowering gas prices and food prices instead of working two and three jobs.  He wants to create jobs so that, perhaps, Mom can stay home with her children again.  He wants to make it easier for women, like my friends Buffie & Ginger, to start small businesses and be successful.  He wants to protect unborn women from not being given a chance at life.  He wants to protect women in crisis pregnancy situations from death at the hands of abortion "doctors" by cutting funding to Planned Parenthood.  He wants to give women more control over their children's education.  He wants to give women relief from worrying about how they are going to take care of their elderly parents.   

Mitt Romney cares about women.  That is evident, not through his words alone, but his actions.  His love and respect for his mother and his wife have sent a powerful message to myself and women all over the United States - Yes, you can be a woman and vote for Mitt Romney.  He doesn't want to set you back - he wants to help you move forward.  This is a message that we need to be shouting from the carpool lines, over the produce section, and from the pedicure chair.  Let's get this message out and lets get Mitt Romney elected in November.

One final, but extremely important thought, Mitt Romney is not our savior.  He cannot part the waters or save the lost.  I know there is only one who died and rose on the third day.  This is where my deepest allegiance and devotion lay.  Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World.  No matter what happens on November 6 - I take comfort in the fact that I know who is still on the throne and completely in control of this country and the world.  God's word says, "if my people, who are called by name, will humble themselves and pray, and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and forgive their sin and heal their land" 2 Chronicles 7:14.  This needs to be our most fervent mission of all - prayer for healing in our land.  Will you join me? 

Enjoy the pictures below - that is the best I can do to describe what I experienced Thursday night.  


 Before the convention started.  Love this picture!!

Dirty Harry talking to the empty chair - exactly what we've seen the last four years - nothing.


Marco Rubio speaking.  I was extremely moved when he asked us to pray for freedom in his home country, Cuba.  How blessed we are with the freedom we have.  However, it isn't a guarantee and we must never take it for granted! 
 Our next Commander in Chief
 And the balloons begin to fall...
 Balloons and confetti, oh my!!
 Being interviewed after the convention.
 In front of the stage after the convention had concluded.
     Throughout the next several weeks I plan to continue blogging with tidbits from the convention and other sources of information that will be helpful to all of us in terms of this election cycle.   It is especially important that you find a candidate that you can support in a local race and then do all you can to get them elected.  Please continue to check in from time to time for the most up to date information on what you can do to make a difference through the political process.  
Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Melanie, I just wanted to say thank you for keeping us all updated with your journey. Very neat to know someone that was there. I think you were an awesome representative for us : ) I liked reading about your emotions on THursday night. My first thought was gee if that was like that, imagine what it will be like in Heaven!

    ReplyDelete